Meet Dr. Taylor
Duane J. Taylor M.D. is the Medical Director of Le Visage ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery, LLC in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Taylor is board certified in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, with the internationally renowned Plastic Surgeon Clyde Litton, D.D.S., M.D. Dr. Taylor has over 27 years of experience in clinical practice in the metropolitan Washington area, which includes Maryland, Washington, DC and northern Virginia. He has been involved in numerous activities and organizations related to community service, medical education and organized medicine. Dr. Taylor has been on international medical missions and given medical presentations internationally.He has been a contributing editor and author of two books. He has traveled extensively throughout the world and also speaks French and Spanish.
Dr. Taylor has served in the past on the Montgomery County Health Commission and on may boards including the Montgomery Cares Advisory Board,MidAtlantic Permanente Medical Group , Medical Society of DC ,the National Medical Association ,Board of Governors for the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS) and the Medico-Chirurgico Society of DC,Montgomery County Medical Society (past president in 2012),US Capitol Page Alumni Association and the National Capitol Physicians Foundation . Last year he completed his term on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS), which represents more than 12,000 ear, nose and throat physicians internationally .
Over the years he has also been involved in the teaching of medical students and residents from George Washington University and Georgetown University.
Dr. Taylor’s international humanitarian efforts include medical missions to South America. He is on the National Marrow Registry and his local community service involvement has included mentoring disadvantaged youth, volunteering at community based homeless shelters, participating in health fairs. His annual Beauty in Giving campaign has contributed proceeds to organizations like the Children’s Inn of NIH and the Treehouse CAC of Montgomery County.
Dr. Taylor’s Educational Training
- Otolaryngology Residency: Los Angeles County King/Drew Medical Center, U.C.L.A Affiliated Hospital
- Fellowship: American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Washington, D.C., Preceptor, Clyde Litton M.D., D.D.S.
- Surgery Internship: University of Texas Affiliated Hospital, Christus St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, Texas
- Medical School: BS/MD program at Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Service Award, AAO-HNS, Orlando, Florida, 2014.
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctor
- Model Society Award, accepted as Chair of the Diversity Committee, AAO-HNS, San Francisco, California, 2011
- 2010 Presidential Citation Award Recipient, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Boston, Mass., 9/26/10
- Big On Goals Award, Board of Governors, Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery 2007
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Honor Award, 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Mid Atlantic Permanente Medical Group Art of Medicine Distinguished Physician Award. 2005.
- Medical Society of the District of Columbia, Commendation for Service on Board of Directors, November, 2003
- Inducted into Shaker Heights Alumnae Hall of Fame, 2001
- Real Heroes Award, Prince Georges County Chapter of the American Red Cross, for community service and Volunteerism, 2001
- National Role Model Mentor Award, Minority Access, Inc., Annual Awards Banquet, Washington, D.C., September 17, 2000
- Resident of the Year Award, Otolaryngology, 1987, 1988; Chief Resident, 1989
- Carolyn Woods Russell Medical Student Scholarship Award, Links, Inc., Akron, Ohio,1985
- Annie Spencer Cutter Medical Missions Scholarship, 1984
- American Diabetes Association Community Service Award, 1984
- American Society of Anesthesiology, Summer Preceptorship, 1983
- Bausch and Lomb Honorary Science Award, 1978
Dr. Taylor’s past and present memberships and offices in professional organizations include:
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Fellow
- Board of Directors and Board of Governors
- Montgomery County Medical Society, President ,2012-2013 ,Board of Directors
- Montgomery County Medical Society, Board of Directors, President–Elect
- American Medical Association, Delegate, D.C.
- Medico Chirurgical Society of D.C., Board of Governors
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Medical Society of D.C., served on Board of Trustees, Past Chair of Young Physicians Section
- National Medical Association, Region 2 Vice Chair, Past Chair of Otolaryngology Section
- Washington Academy of Sciences, Board of Managers
- Med Chi Maryland State Medical Association, Membership Committee
- Medico Chirurgical Society of D.C., Board of Governors
Scientific Publications, Research, and Presentations
Dermal Fillers and Injectables , National Medical Association Annual Meeting and Scientific Session, Otolaryngology Section Annual meeting ,presentation August 2016
General Otolaryngology Session, Moderater ,National Medical Association Annual Meeting and Scientific Session, Otolaryngology Section Annual meeting ,presentation August 2016
Health Disparities in Head and Neck Cancer and Otolaryngologic Diseases ,Moderator , American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Annual Meeting, 9/12/12, Washington , D.C.
Surgical Options in the treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Grand Rounds Presentation, Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring, Maryland, October 25 2011
Office Based Minimally Invasive Procedures in the Treatment of Sinus Disease, Presentation to the Otolaryngology Section of the National Medical Association, Annual meeting, Washington DC July 25, 2011
Rhinosinusitis: Pathophysiology, Evaluation and New Innovations in Treatment, Grand Rounds Presentation, Holy Cross Hospital, Silver Spring, Maryland, 10/12/10
Cultural Competency, Health Literacy and Health Disparities Mini-seminar, Moderator and Presenter, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Annual Scientific Conference, Boston, Mass., 9/29/10
Making Cultural Competency a Part of your Practice, Region 2 National Medical Association, Meeting, Hamilton, Bermuda, 3/27/2010
Evaluation and Management of Common Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders, Region 2, Annual NMA Meeting, Hamilton, Bermuda, 3/26/2010
Holy Cross Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation , Sinus vs. Migraine Headache,9/2012
Holy Cross Hospital Grand Rounds Presentation, Chronic Sinusitis, 10/2009
Holy Cross Hospital, Annual Head and Neck Conference, Orbital Floor Fractures, Case Presentation, 5/16/2009
Holy Cross Hospital, ENT Grand Rounds, Minimally Invasive Sinus Surgery, 12/19/2008
Holy Cross Hospital, ENT Grand Rounds, Cultural Competency for Surgeons, 3/7/2008
Contributing Physician to the Book: Health and Healing for African Americans, by Sheree Crute, 1997, Rodale Press Inc.
Co-Editor and Contributing Author of the Book: Vital Signs: Working Doctors Tell the Real Story Behind Medical School and Practice, Deborah L. Bernal M.D., et. al., 1994, Petersons Publishing Co., Princeton, N.J.
Holy Cross Hospital, Grand Rounds, 5/2005, Laryngeal Carcinoma, Case Presentation
Suction Assisted Lipectomy for the Removal of Facial Lipomas, Washington D.C., August 15, 2000, NMA, Scientific Assembly, Otolaryngology Section
Facial Reconstruction using Local Flaps, August 1998, New Orleans, Louisiana, NMA Scientific Assembly, Otolaryngology Section
Sarcoidosis of the Paranasal Sinuses, August 1997, Honolulu, Hawaii, National Medical Association Scientific Assembly, Otolaryngology Section
Crack Cocaine and its effect of the Larynx, First Place Award for Resident Presentation, April 18, 1988, Los Angeles Society of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Los Angeles, California
Auricular AV fistula secondary to Ear Piercing its Management and Reconstruction, Presentation at International Facial Plastic Surgery Symposium, Toronto, Canada, 1988.
Natural Killer Cell Activity in Head and Neck Cancer, Research conducted at Charles R. Drew School Of Postgraduate Medicine, Los Angeles, California, 1987, with Mamdooh Ghoneum Ph.D., U. of California Los Angeles. Poster presentation American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, San Diego, California.
The Effects of Intraluminal Antibiotics on Capsule Formation in Saline Implants. Division of Plastic Surgery. Akron City Hospital, Akron, Ohio, 1983.
Summer Medical Student Research Fellowship, Plastic Surgery, Preceptor, James A. Lehman, MD, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, 1983-1984.
Biomedical Engineering research as a part of the Minority Engineers Industrial Opportunity Program for High School Students Case Western Reserve University. The Effects of Curare on Muscle Fatigue Testing and Cleveland Clinic Foundation, The Artificial Heart Program, 1977